Sunday 26 August 2012

Travel Diary: Amsterdam Part 2

Hey, here is the other half of my Amsterdam travel diary. If you didn't see the first part here is the Link.
 
 

Day 3

On day 3 we went to the Heineken Experience which is a tour of the old Heineken Brewery. I didn't think I would enjoy this as I am not a big fan of drinking beer but it was amazing and the brewery was surprisingly nice.
 
 
I loved these stained glass windows, so pretty. In the bottom picture I am very proud of myself for drinking a glass of Heineken.
 
On our way back we stopped of at a market. This market was great if you needed to buy material and sewing accessories such as buttons, ribbon and lace.
 
 

Day 4

On day 4 we took a canal cruise to see the city from a different view which was really nice. I loved the river homes which were often decorated in lots of colourful flowers.
 

 
We also took a walk through Vondel Park which is absolutely massive with lots of ponds, cafes and cyclists.
 
 
One of the main things I love about Amsterdam is that everyone cycles everywhere.
How cute are clogs, I don't think they would be very comfy but they are very colourful and nicely decorated.
 

 
 
The best time to be out in Amsterdam is at night. The canal bridges are lit up and there is always a fantastic atmosphere.
 


 
That's the end of my Amsterdam travel diary. I would definitely recommend this city to anyone it was without a doubt the best city break I have been on.
 
Thanks for reading, Michelle xox













 



1 comment:

  1. I love Amsterdam! It's such a fun city :) Looks like you had a great time there
    Maya
    www.archistas.com

    ReplyDelete