Monday 20 August 2012

Ombre Nails

So as I mentioned in my August wishlist I have wanted to try out ombre nails for a while.  As someone who usually sticks to plain nail polish with a french manicure being adventurous, this really as exciting as it gets.  I finally got round to it last night, so I thought I would share the outcome with you.


I am in denial that summer is over so used Number 17 Lasting Finish in Orange Soda and Rimmel London Lycra Pro in Fancy Fuchsia.  I also used a Superdrug foundation sponge for blending the colours together.  
I used the orange colour as my base so applied this first.

I then put a few thick layers of the colours on my makeup sponge and dabbed each till I got the desired effect.  There is quite a lot of wastage when doing this as the varnish dries on the sponge quickly.  I wouldn't use an expensive polish to do this.

The end result was very messy ombre nails.  I left it to try before tidying the rest up.
This is the very final result after much tidying and 2 topcoats.  My nails are not smooth, even after the topcoats, but I don't know if that is something that would come with practise.

Overall I so like the final result but feel with these colours it would look much better with a tan and on the beach!  It also felt like it took me forever from start to finish, not sure if I would have the patience to do this again but I would like to start being more adventurous with my nails.  Possibly more nail posts to come...

Mhairi x












6 comments:

  1. ombre nails are so must!
    great blog!
    i'm your newest follower with GFC and twitter!
    check out my blog http://talkingaboutf.blogspot.gr/
    and follow me back if you want
    thank you!
    xoxo
    Evi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Evi

      Thanks. I have just followed your blog, looks great.

      xx

      Delete
  2. Nice blog you have...wanna follow each other?
    please follow with GFC, just leave me a comment and I'll follow u back!
    http://namelessfashionblog.blogspot.it/
    http://www.facebook.com/NamelessFashionBlog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elisa

      I have just checked out your blog and followed you, your beach outfit is so cute, love the shorts.

      xx

      Delete
  3. You did a great job! I've tried it once or twice but I was never satisfied with the result

    XoXo
    Plami

    http://www.fashionthrill.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It took so long I honestly don't think I would bother again as its peeling off already because there is so much polish.

      xx

      Delete